Mid Level Medical Provider - NP/PA
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Your ImpactAs our Mid Level Medical Provider, you will have the
opportunity to touch the lives of people who truly need your help.
You will be able to use your culinary knowledge to create meals
that help heal those in need. If you are looking for a career where
your artistry and skill set really makes a difference, look no
- Comprehensive history and physical examination for patients
admitted to the facility.
- The Full Time Mid Level Provider will coordinate weekend
coverage with the PRN Medical Providers to ensure continuity of
care and on-call coverage
- Follow up and monitor patients per established alcohol,
benzodiazepine, and opioid withdrawal protocols on-site or via
telemedicine medium as agreed with the Facility in coordination
with the Medical Director.
- Provide telephone consultation to nursing staff during days of
assigned on-site coverage for the Facility. (Average 20-minute
- Providetelephone coverage during days of assigned on-site
coverage for the Facility. (Average 20-minute response time.)
- Order, review, analyze and verify medically necessary
- Direct patient care to address chronic and acute medical needs
and provide appropriate referral as indicated.
- Timely completion of all documentation in EMR per the Facility
and billing requirements.
- Provide medication and chronic disease management on-site or
via telemedicine medium as agreed with the Facility.
- Communication with (as needed), between and among the patient,
family members, consulting physicians, ancillary providers and
other providers involved in clinical care.As clinically indicated,
communicate with patients insurance company, primary care provider,
or other, within the limits set forth by the HIPAA, in order to
enhance/coordinate individual patient care.Comply with all mandates
as set for by accreditation/governing bodies to which Facility is
subject. As indicated, these governing entities shall be identified
to Contractor and any associated mandates which require compliance
from Contractor shall be provided in writing with a reasonably
identified time period to comply.
- Complete all training required by Facility, including, without
limitation, training sessions, policy and procedure review and
mandated training required by licensing agencies and accreditation
- Prescribes medication under protocol; administers approved
treatment and medication as directed; orders and/or performs
laboratory and screening tests in accordance with approved
protocols; provides and evaluates patient care according to
protocols and quality assurance criteria; reviews and prepares
protocols for approval by physician staff.
- Conducts evaluations of clients by performing individual
histories, assessments, and diagnostic evaluations determining the
need for medication(s) and other diagnostic investigations;
determines the most appropriate intervention, treatment, or
- Performs crisis intervention; assists clinical staff in
mitigating crisis situations; recommends and administers medication
to patients in crisis situations; evaluates patients for voluntary
and involuntary commitment; signs commitment for clients requiring
- PRN (this will be a contract position)
- Current Texas Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician
- Current DEA licensure
- Substance abuse experience preferred but not required.
- Psychiatric experienced preferred
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us atdiscoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Caregiver, Location: Pflugerville, TX - 78691 , PL:
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Pflugerville , Mid Level Medical Provider - NP/PA, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!