Housekeeping Technician II (Day Shift, Weekend Rotation)
Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: January 11, 2019
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent campus, St. David's Medical Center , Healthgrades awarded St. David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™-a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.
The Best is Here - St. David's Healthcare - Austin Texas
Housekeeping / Environmental Services Tech performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the h ospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas, and any other area that may need attention.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom, fixtures and showers.
- Replenish paper and plastic products.
- Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Hang draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
- Set-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
- Push/pull cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
- Operate equipment such as vacuum cleaner and telephone.
- Maintain equipment and wear protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
- May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises.
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization
- Review programs.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
- Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
- Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
- Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
- Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees - is a positive team member.
- Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner.
- Develops specific work plans and due dates.
- Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
- Demonstrates willingness to accept extra assignments
- Adjusts to changes, work pressures or different situations without due stress
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvement work methods
- Effective in cost control and resource utilization
Full & Part-time positions eligible for benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Healthcare
Short & Long Term Disability
10th grade education or higher
Must be able to read and write English.
Ability to understand and participate in conversational English
Ability to read text on pagers
Housekeeping, janitorial or environmental service experience preferred but not required
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Pflugerville , Housekeeping Technician II (Day Shift, Weekend Rotation), Professions , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!