Company: City of Pflugerville, TX
Posted on: June 22, 2022
It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Engineer
(Transportation) to join our team! The person we seek will believe
in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive,
Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid
vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive
retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar
you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As an Engineer (Transportation) for the City, you will be managing
transportation capital improvement program projects and performing
traffic and transportation studies to maintain and improve the
mobility and safety of Pflugerville's transportation system.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
* Assists in the development and implementation of the City's
capital improvement program and Master Transportation Plan.
* Manage assigned transportation improvement projects through
project life cycle including but not limited to development of
project scopes, cost estimates and schedules, consultant selection
process, review of project plans and construction documents,
specifications and estimates, acquisition of right-of-way,
construction bidding, construction management, and project close
* Prepare transportation project plans, specifications, and cost
estimates. Prepare traffic control plans for construction and
maintenance projects as assigned.
* Perform activities to gather traffic data including manual and
machine traffic counts, pedestrian counts, delay measurements,
vehicle speed observations, and other transportation-related data
* Perform traffic engineering studies using field evaluations and
make recommendations concerning traffic signals, speed zoning, stop
signs, and other traffic controls.
* Prepare technical documents necessary to support ordinance
requests to the City Council.
* Study bottleneck locations and develop recommendations for
geometric improvements to mitigate safety and congestion
* Other duties as assigned.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have
previous knowledge of civil engineering concepts, practices, and
procedures related to transportation planning and traffic
engineering including signs, signals, and markings.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and/or related
* 6 years of experience as a professional engineer performing work
consistent with the essential functions of this position,
preferably within a municipal or county government and with an
emphasis on Transportation projects.
* Professional Engineering Registration by the State of Texas or
ability to gain registration in Texas within 6 months of
* Valid Class C Texas Driver License.
* Flexible scheduling and the opportunity to work from home.
* 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
* 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
* Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December
each year in the amount of 25% of their unused sick leave that they
have accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
* Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost
to the employee.
* 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
* Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the
* 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
* 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and
mental health services.
* Longevity pay of $8 per month beginning with the first
anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of
* Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross
salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City
contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
* Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or
20 years of service at any age.
* Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to
participate in a 457 plan.
* Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the
employee's salary up to $7,500.
* Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal
year for eligible employees.
* Education reimbursement assistance up to $2,000 per fiscal
* Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an
employee's base salary, up to $325,000 maximum.
* 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our
* Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees
following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a
child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or
other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the
community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to
pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply
Keywords: City of Pflugerville, TX, Pflugerville , Engineer (Transportation), Professions , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!