Custodian - NW DPS
Company: Goodwill Central Texas
Posted on: November 19, 2022
COMPANY:Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a
non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives
through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce
development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a
cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our
donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing
solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is to empower
every Central Texan to transform their lives through work and
education. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform
their lives!COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:Goodwill
Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating, and
preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all
employees are valued for their skills, experience, and unique
perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies
and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and
inclusive organization is essential to our success.We embrace and
encourage our employees differences in age, color, disability,
ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression,
language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political
affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic
status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b matchCOMPENSATION:Depending on experience and
qualificationsAll qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Post offer
background check is required to ensure applicant meets all
eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location.
Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.POSITION
SUMMARY:Custodians work in various settings and are responsible for
the general upkeep of a building. They are key members of the
custodial team who work collaboratively with Custodial Team leads
to provide quality custodial services to our clients. Please note
that 75% of the labor hours for our contracts are reserved for
individuals with documented significant disabilities. These
programs allow people who have significant disabilities an
opportunity to gain meaningful employment, lead more independent
lives, reduce dependence on government social programs and become
taxpayers. We strongly encourage individuals with documented
disabilities to apply.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean restroom, toilets, sinks floors, urinals, and mirrors,
fixtures, using toilet brush, sponge, and disinfectants and
- Spot clean doors, partitions, walls, windows, and all
- Restock paper supplies and empty trash to designated
- Clean If carpeted, vacuum daily and shampoo as specified in
contract. Other surfaces sweep and mop daily, strip, wax, and buff
as specified in contract.
- Comply with all safety rules, standards, and regulations.
- Mix chemical solutions in safe and efficient manner.
- Display positive attitude and pride in correct, representing
the organization in a positive manner.
- Display the highest ethical standards when making decisions
related to our people and business.
- Participate in all required meetings.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule.
- Demonstrate ethics and complies with Corporate Compliance
- Meet Yearly Mandatory Training requirements for this
position.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support service recipients, supervisors and Custodial Team
Leads at assigned contract sites.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position does not have supervisory
- One to three months previous cleaning or related Approved
custodial training program may substitute for experience.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds with or without a reasonable
- Ability to pass a criminal background check (subject to
requirements of assigned site client).
- Depending on service contract, may require documentation of a
- Required to have a valid drivers license.PREFERRED
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of previous custodial experience in a federal contract
or commercial cleaning site.
- Ability to operate a variety of buffing machines.Job ID:
2022-2519 External Company Name: Goodwill Industries Central Texas
External Company URL: http://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org Street:
216 East Wells Branch PArkway
Keywords: Goodwill Central Texas, Pflugerville , Custodian - NW DPS, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!