Company: The MasTec Companies
Posted on: November 16, 2022
The Superintendent level I is a leader whose primary
responsibility is to supervise the day-to-day field construction of
a project. To ensure completion of the work on schedule, within
budget, safely and in a quality manner. Successful candidate must
have experience and knowledge in earthwork, underground utility
work, subgrade/base and paving. -
- Provide leadership and direction to field construction
- Daily/weekly scheduling of field personnel and construction
- Active role in assuring productive work occurs in a safe and
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of project plans and
- Identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate
- Manage job Material logistics, placement and deliveries to
ensure workflow in operating at optimum efficiency. (This applies
to earthwork as well as other material deliveries including
- Maintain daily paperwork (ex. as-built drawings, timecards,
test reports, e-mail correspondence, etc.).
- Understand project budgets and production rates. Apply this
information and deploy resources (personnel and equipment) at
- Communicate and collaborate with wide range of individuals,
including field staff, management, suppliers/vendors and
- Monitor and manage employee attendance, ensuring the timely
arrival and participation of all crew members, and notifying
employees of rain days, prior to the start of the work.
- Liaise between the company and employees on a variety of
employee related matters.
- Comply with relevant legislation regarding employee management,
terminations and resignations. Handle and thoroughly investigate
all employee concerns.
- Liaise with the Human Resource department on a variety of
employee related issues, including employee development,
recruitment, benefits, training, terminations, and
- Ensure consistent and fair application of the progressive
disciplinary policy, as necessary.
- Other Employee Supervision duties as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company's safety program,
and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to
adopt safety as a culture. --- Conduct daily and weekly safety
meetings and inspections.
- Review safe work plans/hazard assessments with crew prior to
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or
near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are
carried out according to the Company's Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or
unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the
success of the organization, which may involve the provision of
other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all
employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special
initiatives, as required.
- Preferred 3 years of experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience as a Base, Paving or
Underground Utilities Superintendent
- Heavy civil construction knowledge, project management and
Keywords: The MasTec Companies, Pflugerville , Superintendent, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!