Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients
deserve? At Heart Hospital of Austin we support our colleagues in
their positions. Join our Team as a(an) PCU Registered Nurse and
access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure we support you
through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our PCU Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a PCU Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for
performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and
implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise
plan by the patient’s response to treatment.
* Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team
Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
* 1-3 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
* Able to recognize cardiac rhythms – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
required within 90 days of hire
Heart Hospital of Austin,
which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We
are one of the highest performing cardiovascular
facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis
and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a
comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced
Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs),
including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three
catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as
is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we
encourage you to apply for our PCU Registered Nurse opening. Our
team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock
the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.