HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and
part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse
leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Heart
Hospital of Austin our nurses set us apart from any other
healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Operating Room Registered
Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Heart Hospital of Austin, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
At Heart Hospital of Austin, our nurses play a vital part. We
know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to
create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is
your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life – for life – and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our
Operating Room Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
per SDH policy
Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is
a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing
cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in
the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features
a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced
Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs),
including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three
catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as
is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Operating Room Registered Nurse
opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.