Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Texas Oncology is looking for a full-time
Oncology Registered Nurseto join our team!This position
will support the Central Austin location,
located at 6204 Balcones Drive, Austin, TX.
78731. It is a Monday-Friday position, 8:30 am-5:00 pm.,
no weekends, holidays and no call. This position also
offers a one-time $2,500 sign-on bonus. Texas Oncology is
the largest community oncology provider in the country and has
approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and
southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based
cancer care because they believed in making the best available
cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight
cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends
nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we
use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks, such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program, and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must
recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care
and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and
adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code
of Ethics and Business Standards.
All Texas Oncology employees, except those who work from
home full time or who have a medical or religious accommodation,
must be fully vaccinated, as defined by the CDC, by December
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate
technical skills under the direction and supervision of a
- Assists physician with exams and procedures as needed.
- Assists with triaging patient/family phone calls and patient
portal messages and documents relevant information in the patient's
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Coordinates all aspects of the patient's care.
- Manages medication refills.
The ideal candidate for the Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Willing to consider a mid- or senior-level candidate.
- Minimum 3 years of RN experience in a clinic or acute-care
- Oncology RN experience strongly preferred.
- OCN and ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy certification
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications
in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN state license with the Texas State Board of
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Pflugerville , Oncology Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!