Recreation Program Supervisor
Company: City of Pflugerville, TX
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The City of Pflugerville, where quality meets life, is growing
and improving every day and we are always on the lookout for
outstanding individuals to join our team! Currently, we are in
search of a Recreation Program Supervisor. See the essential duties
and responsibilities below. We will be selecting an applicant for
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and implement all recreation programs and
classes for children, adults, families, and senior citizens to
ensure orderly integration throughout the year and maximize program
participant health/safety: conduct or provide on-site supervision
of programs as required; requisition supplies; organize
registration and instructor staffing.
- Develop recommendations for recreational programs that serve
community needs; research recreational needs of the public; analyze
related proposals and prepare recommendations for City or
department management consideration.
- Respond to citizen requests for information and complaints with
respect to the recreation programs, or personnel; ensure
appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Actively participate in community organizations to foster a
positive City image.
- Prepare routine and special reports regarding recreation
programs and activities, as requested by department or City
- Develops, implements, and effectively administers and manages
operational budgets to include financial reports, revenue
generation, operational costs, and cost recovery requirements.
Develops facility fee structure recommendations for all areas of
- Monitors customer service/satisfaction by being available and
engaging with citizens, members, program instructors, and
volunteers. Responds to customer and public inquiries, concerns,
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, and disciplines, as
necessary, all program personnel. Develops recruitment programs to
maintain adequate program staffing.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as necessary for
successful program operations; includes answering phones,
responding to emails, and operating a town vehicle while picking up
supplies for recreational programs as necessary.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll for all direct reports within the
Parks and Recreation Department.
- Supports other areas within Parks and Recreation Department by
assisting with special events, recreational programs, facility
rentals, and facility coverage issues in the absence of staff.
- Conducts or coordinates investigations of accidents and
incidents; prepares subsequent reports and make recommendations for
- Informs supervisor of all work-related programs and
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and department policies and
- Plans, manages and directs the daily activities of recreation
program staff; screens and assigns workload; plans, prioritizes and
assigns tasks and projects; trains and coaches staff; monitors
work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Physical
Education, and/or related field
- Relatable Work Experience: 3+ year's progressively responsible
experience in recreation; 2+ year's supervisory experience.
- Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): First Aid
certifications; CPR Certification
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the
community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to
pflugervilletx.gov under employment opportunities and apply!
Keywords: City of Pflugerville, TX, Pflugerville , Recreation Program Supervisor, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!