Assistant Store Manager - Pflugerville
Company: Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit
organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the
power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of
the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the
community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail
stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous
community support. Our vision is to empower every Central Texan to
transform their lives through work and education. Join the team
whose work empowers people to transform their lives!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating
and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all
employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique
perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies
and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and
inclusive organization is essential to our success.
We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age,
color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender
identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and
mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual
orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other
characteristics that make our employees unique.
The Assistant Manager coordinates with the General Manager of
the retail store to oversee the employees and processes involved
with all aspects of the daily operations of the store, including
customer service, stocking, merchandising, inventory control,
budgeting, and record keeping. The Assistant Manager helps to
ensure overall production efficiency and to maintain standards in
store organization and safety. In the absence of the General
Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for all store
- Oversees and executes the overall operation of the retail store
with the general manager.
- Performs daily administrative/clerical functions of store
operations such as cash transactions, ordering supplies, and
opening and closing the store.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production, and closing operations including work on weekends and
- Assist in the supervision and training of employees, including
setting work schedules for employees.
- Must be able to fulfill the duties of all production and retail
staff, as needed, to include greeting donors and safely unloading
donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, sorting donated
items into designated categories, accurate cash handling,
maintaining sales floor neat and orderly, assist customers with
purchases, and perform store upkeep duties.
- Create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service
for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and ensure a smooth process for all donation functions,
while adhering to and enforcing security, audit and control
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure
proper sales procedures are followed.
- Maintain staffing levels in production and on the sales floor
while attaining budgeted payroll expense. This includes firing,
hiring, and training all new associates in accordance with Goodwill
- Maintain a neat and orderly store that is properly equipped and
supplied to meet all budgetary requirements.
- Maintain effective email, phone and face to face communication
with other divisions and stores as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the employment and training program
to further the mission.
- Assist customers and handle all complaints.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the Sales
Associates, Merchandise Processors, Donation Attendants, Retail
Team Leaders, and Production Team Leaders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of assistant managerial/supervisory
experience supervising several departments and/or staff of 10 or
- Health insurance - Coverage as low as $12.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b match
Depending on experience and qualifications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. Post offer background check is
required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for
the assigned customer/location. Alternative work
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Pflugerville , Assistant Store Manager - Pflugerville, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!