Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a
private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a
multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job
growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas.
Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them
fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and
contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in
collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful
assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of
education, job training, and business services in alignment with
the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
Assists management in the operation of the Goodwill retail
store; this includes customer service, recordkeeping, cash
management, facility operation, communications, merchandising, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the store manager with the overall operation of the
- Ensure compliance with all GCT policies, including, but not
limited to, reporting theft or misuse of company property or other
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production, and closing operations including work on weekends and
- Resolve customer complaints in fair and impartial matter,
referring all unsettled disputes to the store manager.
- Supervise and train retail sales associates.
- Assist in performing daily administrative/clerical functions of
store operations and cash transactions.
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure
proper sales procedures are followed by associates.
Responsible for supervising and training all or some of the
following positions: Donation Attendant, Merchandise Processor,
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in
- Ability to perform simple math computations, including
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate
between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours
per 8-hour shift).
- Previous cashier experience.
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
Compensation for Retail Team Lead
The starting salary for this position is $10 to $11 per hour
based on experience. Incremental increases based on job performance
We look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of
our Goodwill Team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age,
marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally