Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit
organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the
power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of
the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the
community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail
stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous
community support. Our vision is to empower every Central Texan to
transform their lives through work and education. Join the team
whose work empowers people to transform their lives!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating
and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all
employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique
perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies
and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and
inclusive organization is essential to our success.
We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age,
color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender
identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and
mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual
orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other
characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our Merchandise Processors are responsible for partnering with
production and retail team members in a high energy fast-paced
environment to perform a variety of operational functions that
include receiving, sorting, pricing, processing, and preparing
donated merchandise to display for sale in a Goodwill retail
- Sort and process merchandise from containers to determine
appropriateness for the sales floor in accordance with established
- Sort merchandise into sellable and salvage categories according
- Stay abreast of brand name, designer labels, current and
- Provide exceptional customer service to all
- Maintain a pace at which one is able to meet daily quota for
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing,
bending, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to
7 hours per 8 hour shift.)
- Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production and closing operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with customers
and GCT associates.
- Health insurance - Coverage as low as $12.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- Career training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Training with assigned Career Coach
- Opportunity receive a certification from out Career & Technical
$9.50/hour with an increase after completion of 90 days of
We look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of
our Goodwill Team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. Post offer background check is
required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for
the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be
offered as appropriate.