Posted on: May 3, 2021
As Superintendent you are responsible for the smooth functioning
of day to day field operations to ensure that projects are
completed on time and within budget. You will play an integral role
in liaising with local aboriginal communities while implementing
the project plan and schedule, ensuring safety and quality control,
and delegating work to field staff, contractors, and trades
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental
protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project
Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of
Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations
and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in
compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans,
specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes and
ensures high quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in
conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and
completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms
receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervise, train, and develop drillers and blast crew members
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned
and performed efficiently, and makes sure their timesheets are
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their
development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders
to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site
progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information.
- 5 to 8 years of telecom construction experience as a
Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental
protection practices and procedures as they apply to common
- Solid understanding of current telecom construction practices
and an in depth knowledge of drill and blast procedures in an open
pit mining environment
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure
environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and
- In depth knowledge of construction documents, scheduling,
contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple
project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately
complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to
manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains
wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond.
We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network
construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond
the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True
Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a
qualified individual with disability, or any other legally
protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of
eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
Keywords: Ledcor, Pflugerville , General Superintendent, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!