RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit Job
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse PCU
Progessive Care Unit you want in your current role? We have an
exciting opportunity foryou to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a
facility that is part of the nation'sleading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs aremet. We
offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plansalong with some unique benefits including:
TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs PaidPersonal Leave
401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
IdentityTheft Protection discounts Auto,Home, and Life Insurance
options AdoptionAssistance EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact onour
patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We arelooking for a dedicated RN PCU like you to be a part of
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise
plan by the patients response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team
Leader, and Physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the patients needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Other duties as assignedPatient Care
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments
according to patients progress and/or unit protocols and
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information
to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the
development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as
appropriate to meet the patients needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a
safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of
hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others,
incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Maintains standard
precautions. Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to
hospital policy and within age-specific parameters.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according
to established policy and procedure. Documents required information
and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.Staff
/ Unit Responsibilities
- Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance
with job descriptions, license requirements, and standards of
- Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies. Maintains
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and
Utilization Review program.
- Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the
patient-focused care delivery system.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross
- Demonstrates willingness to assist other areas of the hospital
- Cross-trains and willingly works in other areas of the hospital
accepting assignments within competency level.
- Effectively applies prioritization and time management to
- Assists in all aspects of care in the environment.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures.
- Ensures that a patient has a signed consent present in the
chart prior to procedure.
- Assists with recruiting and interviewing of competent
Keywords: HCA., Pflugerville , RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit Job, Other , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!