Sysco Labs Careers - Software Architect
Posted on: July 29, 2022
About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated
to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of
Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to
the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market
intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development
to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process,
inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer
experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by
the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS'
mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and
consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through
Work across the full stack of our customer experience application
for Sysco's 400,000+ customers to submit $50B in annual revenue
through touching the lives of millions of end consumers at
restaurants as well as tens of thousands of Sysco employees.
Responsible for the technical leadership of and execution of
mission critical software development tasks as defined by product
managers across multiple products. Provide deep and broad technical
thought leadership to the quality and end-to-end functionality of
committed code for all members of the CX software engineering team.
Operate as an expert-level individual contributor and develop
enterprise-grade software with minimal technical oversight on
multiple products, owning the implementation of architecturally
significant projects across the organization.
- Execute on high quality enterprise-grade custom software
development efforts related to React, Node.js and Java. Define
software patterns, ensuring consistency in implementation across
- Establish and define application architecture and lead teams to
deliver high-quality software and solve business needs. Maintain
awareness of the business domain and have a holistic view of
business and technology integration.
- Provide technical domain leadership to software engineers.
Mentor members of the organization. Train peers on skills that
improve the speed, quality and agility, and developer
- Review and provide feedback on technical deliverables from peer
and junior software engineers across teams, ensuring data privacy
and compliance requirements are met. Research and fix difficult
- Align engineering team members on technical vision and
implementation, and lead technical meetings on a regular basis to
clearly articulate engineering development status and escalate
issues with tasks assigned.
- Maintain a presence in the broader Software Engineering
community. Operate as a functional lead and subject matter expert
among team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or
related, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of experience in custom software development in
- Experience in an agile environment.
- 12 years of experience custom software development in
- Experience mentoring and developing technical and functional
skills of team members.
- Experience with enterprise software development recommended
practices in application development environments.
- Practical exposure to software scalability, performance, and
resiliency optimization techniques in mission-critical
- Experience with AWS Ecosystem.
- Experience with Docker and Continuous Integration.
Keywords: Sysco, Pflugerville , Sysco Labs Careers - Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!