Manager III, Field Service/Customer Engineer
Company: APPLIED MATERIALS
Posted on: June 17, 2022
- Forecasts financial, manpower, and operational requirements for
key businesses (start up, warranty, service agreements, paid
service). Identifies and pursues service agreement business in
conjunction with marketing and sales.
- Manages start ups in terms of time and cost requirements.
Manages local inventories and RMA procedure. Maintains DSO
according to goal. Manages systems start up and warranty cost under
- Ensures customer satisfaction with Company service and system
- Interviews, hires, and trains customer engineers as necessary
to support regional business.
- Ensures employee satisfaction through:
- - communication of business progress and all related
- - setting goals and controlling achievements.
- - establishing training and career development plans.
- Ensures the appropriate safety practices among customer
engineers. Develop CE skills. Spots and develops managerial/other
specialist talent. Ensures employee satisfaction through:
- Escalates system downs according to valid escalation procedure,
to ensure earliest possible return to service. Reports in a timely
and accurate manner as required.
- Achieves guaranteed up time and other parameters as sold to
- Promotes quality improvement processes to:
- - reduce cycle time
- - drive continuous improvement of technical performance -
- - empower the work forceFunctional Knowledge
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and
principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related
job familiesBusiness Expertise
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area
contributes to the achievement of objectivesLeadership
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and
priorities to meet service and/or operational challengesProblem
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and
organizational problems -Impact
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet
quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business
unit, department or sub-functionInterpersonal Skills
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related
areas or externallyPosition requires understanding of Applied
Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with
these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the
highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core
DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:7 - 10
YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 20% of the
TimeRelocation Eligible:YesApplied Materials is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship,
ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other
basis prohibited by law. -
Keywords: APPLIED MATERIALS, Pflugerville , Manager III, Field Service/Customer Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!