Registered Nurse Throughput Coordinator
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily?
Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic
for patients. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center our nurses
set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking
a(an) Registered Nurse Throughput Coordinator to join our
healthcare family. Benefits St. David's North Austin Medical
Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center,
our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and
purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career
path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our
scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that
fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient
care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Throughput Coordinator
opportunity. Job Summary and Qualifications The Throughput
Coordinator assists with patient flow through the hospital and
clinical coordination of care across the continuum.
Responsibilities will include developing length of stay (LOS) and
resource reduction strategies, as well as capitalizing on facility
best practices. The coordinator will also ensure that improvement
opportunities are appropriately channeled to effect change,
coordinate compliance initiatives with outside agencies, intervene
with the hospitalists & PCP's to address and resolve issues related
to facility utilization and patient flow process and facilitate
strong working relationships between caregivers, case management
and admitting departments to promote effective utilization
management through coordination of efforts involving patient flow.
- Evaluation and implementation of patient flow to ensure
maximization of the hospital resources.
- Actively participates in the discharge of patients through the
facility discharge suite to include patient and family
- Continually evaluate, monitor and improve the patient flow
program effectiveness as it relates to utilization review, resource
management, and discharge planning and care coordination.
- Establish patient flow goals in coordination with the Director
of Nursing Operations, House Supervisor, hospital executive team
and monitor progress toward the goals through tracking tools such
as NATE, ED dashboard and Teletracker.
- Development of appropriate departmental policies and hospital
policies to address regulatory requirements, training of all
members of the team.
- Facilitate the on-going training and education of staff to meet
regulatory, hospital and department policies.
- Coordinate Medical Center Patient Flow responsibilities with
- Serve as the educational leader to physicians and employees as
it relates to resource management and patient flow.
- Work collaboratively with One Call to facilitate the transfer
process and implement actions for increased throughput.
- Oversees hospital THROUGHPUT and ensures efficient hospital
operations and communications.
- Communicates with the AOC as appropriate.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First" safety
initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Previous experience in bed management is preferred.
- National Specialty Certification preferred. Education
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN degree
preferred. License and Certifications
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
If a compact license is held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN
license within 90 days of their hire date.
- BLS is required per St. David's HealthCare policy.
- 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting is
- 3 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting is
- Previous experience with electronic health record and bed
management system preferred.
- Previous experience in bed management is preferred.
- National Specialty Certification preferred.
St. David's North Austin Medical
Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360
beds. The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital , St.
David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a
Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic
Surgery . Additional services offered at this medical center
include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology
and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and
outpatient surgery. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part
of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare
systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area.
St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership
between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's
Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. HCA Healthcare has
been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the
Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join
a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are
interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Throughput
Coordinator opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Pflugerville , Registered Nurse Throughput Coordinator, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!