Occupational Therapist-Pflugerville, TX
Company: CQ HOME HELATH ACQUISITION HOLDINGS LP
Posted on: May 28, 2023
OT or COTA needed for Pflugerville, Hutto and Taylor areas.
Full-time and Part-time openings.
Care Options for Kids is a pediatric home health agency. We provide
speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy services
to children from birth to age twenty-one in the child's home,
private school, or daycare setting. Working with the patient, the
family, and the physician, we design each child's plan of care to
meet the individual needs of the child. We are committed to
providing outstanding care for the children and families we
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life, LTD & STD
- Supplemental Insurances
- PTO accrual
- Annual CEU Allowance
- Monthly Compliance Bonus Incentive based on treatment
- Referral program
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Electronic EMR If you are interested in learning more about
joining the Care Options family, our culture, or immediate and
future opportunities, please visit us at www.cofk.com
Thank you in advance for considering Care Options for Kids!
Position Summary: The position of an Occupational Therapist
provides coordinated occupational therapy of patients of all age
groups. Plans, implements and evaluates patient care to restore or
maintain patient well-being. Evaluates occupational roles and
occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial
and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and
elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform clinical assessment; identify patient needs and
appropriateness of patient.
- Assess and facilitate through direct therapeutic intervention
patient's ROM, strength coordination, need for use of adaptive
equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and
safety issues as related to patients ADL performance needs.
Fabricate and maintain adaptive equipment and hand splints.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an
- Evaluate patient occupational performance in the areas of
self-care, work, leisure and rest.
- Assess sensory-motor neuromuscular, psycho-social and
cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior.
- Assess physical, social and cultural components of the
patient's occupational environment.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, through education, coaching and other
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care. Experience/Requirements:
- Pediatric focus or experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of best therapeutic practices as set forth in the
Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies.
- Excellent communication - verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current
auto liability insurance. EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Occupational Therapy from an
accredited occupational therapy program
- Current valid Texas state license to practice occupational
therapy Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs. Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather. Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
Keywords: CQ HOME HELATH ACQUISITION HOLDINGS LP, Pflugerville , Occupational Therapist-Pflugerville, TX, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...