Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse at St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
* You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
* You will identify changes in the patients condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
* You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
* You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
* You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
* You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
* You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
* You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventions
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associates degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC-OB) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Pflugerville , Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse at St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
here to apply!