Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as an Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Outpatient Services, you will be responsible for the admission, preoperative assessment and preparation of patients admitted on the day of the scheduled surgical procedure.. You will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients, and will be responsible for post-operative care and discharge of outpatients.
* You will assess, plan, and evaluate pre-op and post-op patient care
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medications needed for patient care
* You will prepare and monitor patients for surgeries and procedures
* You will administer medication and IV therapy
* You will receive and initiate physician orders
* You will provide pre-op and post-op patient teaching and emotional support
* You will ensure all patients have met discharge criteria
* You will complete patient follow-up calls post-procedure to evaluate patient care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* 1 year of experience in an ambulatory care or critical care setting preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification preferred
* Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) certification preferred
* Certification in ambulatory care preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the regions largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned and . The full provided at St. Davids Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, womens services, complex surgical services, and a . The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. Davids Medical Center is part of St. Davids HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Geor... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Pflugerville , Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
here to apply!