Licensed Vocational Nurse Med Surg
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description Introduction Are you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Licensed Vocational Nurse Med Surg
today with St. David's North Austin Medical Center. Benefits St.
David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Licensed Vocational Nurse Med Surg. We
care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our
colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today! Job Summary and Qualifications Under
the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Coordinator and
according to hospital policies and procedures, the LVN assesses,
plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for her/his assigned
- Perform complete and accurate nursing on assessment assigned
- Completes designated portion of the admission interview
accurately within two hours of patient admission.
- Performs and documents patient routine patient assessment
completely and accurately per shift, or more frequently, as
indicated by patient condition.
- Confers with RN regarding complex assessments, changes in
patient condition, diagnostic results, non-routine situations, and
before calling a physician.
- Contributes to the assessment of educational and discharge
- Follows plan of care initiated by an RN.
- Updates nursing care plan every 24 hours.
- Contributes to the plan of care and discharge plan.
- Provides and documents skilled care to assigned patients within
the LVN scope of practice and in compliance with hospital policies
- Performs and documents nursing care according to patient needs
in a competent and timely manner.
- Accurately administers and documents medications within 60
minutes of indicated time or as patient condition warrants.
- Performs routine or standardized teaching under direction of an
- Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition.Education/Certifications
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN)
- Associate Degree, or Certificate, or Vocational School
GraduateThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved). St. David's North
Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David's Children's
Hospital , St. David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level
III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for
Robotic Surgery . Additional services offered at this medical
center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care,
neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient
and outpatient surgery. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is
part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest
healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the
Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique
partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St.
David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. HCA Healthcare
has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by
the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Licensed Vocational Nurse Med Surg opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Pflugerville , Licensed Vocational Nurse Med Surg, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...