Bastrop Emergency Room Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care
patients deserve? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Emergency Room Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with
every stage of your career.
We are seeking an Emergency Room Registered Nurse to join our
healthcare family in Bastrop. This is a part-time position.
Benefits St. David's South Austin Medical Center offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Emergency Room Registered Nurse opening and continue to
Job Summary and Qualifications As an Emergency Department (ED)
Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing
assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and
evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with
other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care,
and will continually monitor the patient's physical condition,
emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection
related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is
reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team
members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families
along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient's progression towards attainment
of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions What
qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- At least 1yr of experience as a Registered Nurse required
- A minimum of 2 years within the Emergency Department or other
Critical Care unit preferred
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Texas required; If
compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license
within 90 days of their hire date.
- Current BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
- TNCC, ENPC and/or PALS required within 12 months of hire The
St. David's Emergency Center in Bastrop is a full-service
freestanding emergency department that does not have attached
inpatient facilities. This ED serves as an extension of St. David's
South Austin Medical Center.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center , which is part of St.
David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a
range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services
include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's
only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma
care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke
and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care;
and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee
Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is
affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer
advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung
surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery,
colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals
in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to
detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency Room
Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your
application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Pflugerville , Bastrop Emergency Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!