RN House Supervisor
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Supervisor of Nursing Administration Registered Nurse (RN)
collaborates with management in the planning, direction,
coordination and management of the daily business and
administrative operations within the scope of nursing service
administration. Participates in the development and implementation
of policies and procedures necessary to achieve departmental short-
and long-range goals and objectives.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Plans and supervises the daily business and administrative
operations to ensure the delivery of professional patient-centered
* Participates in developing, revising and implementing
departmental policies and procedures designed to accomplish
departmental priorities and long-range goals. Interprets and
advises subordinate personnel on hospital policies and procedures
while and ensuring adherence to The Joint Commission (TJC)
standards and other certifying and accrediting bodies.
* Supervises employees to include work allocation, training,
scheduling, evaluation, and problem resolution. Promotes and
participates in education, research, and performance improvement
* Applies Lean principles to advance practice and improve patient
* Plans, develops, and recommends annual staffing budget and assist
in planning of capital equipment and expense budget.
* Updates incoming Supervisor and other relevant personnel of the
condition of patients, particularly critically ill patients,
staffing situations, and unusual events that occurred during
* Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with
various departmental personnel, patients' families, physicians, and
outside agencies to exchange information, resolve operational
problems, and improve quality of patient care.
* Makes nursing rounds to maintain visibility, monitor activity,
and serve as a resource. Provides professional nursing care to
patients in response to workload or staffing shortages.
* Prepares reports and maintains applicable records and files;
maintains proper equipment and inventory levels. Maintains database
to create reports upon demand.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care standards
* Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
* Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
* Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient
* Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
* Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
* Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and
direction of the work of supervised employees using established
guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
* Ability to make effective hiring and termination
* Ability to train and evaluate performance of supervised
* Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients
and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff
members and physicians.
* Ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care
to all patients through the nursing process and standards of
nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of
human experience and to develop, evaluate, implement and, as
necessary, modify a patient care plan to meet the needs of
* General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft
Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems,
electronic medical documentation, and email.
*Facility*: Baylor Scott and White Hospital Pflugerville
*Shift/Status*: Full Time, Nights
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EXPERIENCE: 3 Years of Experience
* Registered Nurse (RN)
* ACLS (ACLS): ACLS or ACLS within 30 days of hire or transfer
* Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Pflugerville , RN House Supervisor, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!