Registered Nurse Inpatient Rehab
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Do you have the career opportunities as a Inpatient Rehab
Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical
Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Student Loan Repayment Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The St. David's HealthCare Registered Nurse (SDHRN) fulfills an
important role as a central patient care provider responsible for
the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As
a full partner of the healthcare team, the SDHRN collaborates with
all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of
the patient's plan-of-care. The SDHRN utilizes physical assessment
skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment
of the patient's nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed,
synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The
SDHRN continues to monitor and assess the patient's physical
condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the
plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the
patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing patient
specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence
standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
* Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical assessment
and incorporates findings into the exam.
* Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a regular
basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is
collected using appropriate assessment techniques.
* Incorporates available technology to aid in physical
* Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient's immediate
condition or needs.
* Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates
changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate patient care
* Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others
and health care providers when appropriate.
* The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
* Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler, preschool,
school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during the
assessment of patients.
* Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks that
the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her
current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values,
religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to
learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers,
* Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and
reports as appropriate when required.
* Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
* Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
* Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by the
medical team and other health care providers.
* In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team,
formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each
patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
* Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well as
the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social
needs of the patient.
* Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span to identify patient and family requirements
relative to age-specific needs
* Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
* The plan is individualized to the patient's condition, age or
* The plan incorporates the discharge planning process at time of
* The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and
health care providers, when appropriate.
* The plan reflects current nursing practice.
* The plan is documented.
* The plan provides for continuity of care.
* The plan is appropriate to the patient's age, developmental age,
educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related to
* Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse
like you to be a part of our team.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St.
David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care
facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services,
including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III
nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The
facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas
Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and
Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant
program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North
Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's
Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October
2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Inpatient
Rehab Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education and Experience:
Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment
in an Alternative Entry MSN program
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree; minimum of one year experience in
Staff RN or charge role
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a
NCLA Compact State.
New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License;
BCLS certification as per SDH policy
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Pflugerville , Registered Nurse Inpatient Rehab, Healthcare , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!