Program Director (Full-Time) (Austin, TX)
Company: Phoenix House of Texas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Phoenix House Texas has provided addiction treatment and
prevention services in Texas since 1995. Each year, we help
adolescents overcome drug and alcohol addiction and find recovery
in order to lead productive drug-free lives. Our motto: To empower
people to not simply live a life in recovery but to experience
their personal strengths to fuel a better, healthier, more
purposeful life. Perks:
* Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 403(b), PTO, tuition
reimbursement, clinical license reimbursement, etc.)
* Great culture and leadership team
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Program Director is
responsible for the oversight, operations, finances, development,
and supervision of staff, programming, and patients related to the
substance abuse treatment services offered by Phoenix House.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, establish, implement, and monitor the programs to ensure
effectiveness and growth.
* Supervises and oversees day-to-day program operation of
residential and outpatient treatment programs while ensuring
clinical effectiveness and the utilization of the model and
curricula specific to the program and contracts are effectively
* Achieves financial goals for program and region. Prepares and
monitors program budgets. Adjusts as needed and requested.
* Achieve goals of employee satisfaction and reduction of employee
turnover. Develop and implement policies, practices, and programs
for clients that promote strong, healthy connections to peers,
staff, and families.
* Responsible for performance management of staff to include
hiring, training, coaching, performance evaluation, and general
supervision. Ensures opportunities for cross-functional training of
all program staff.
* Achieves quality goals for program and region. Establish and
coordinates quality assurance programs to ensure compliance with
all federal, state, local, licensing, and funding agency
regulations. Collect data, complete and submit required reports
accurately and in a timely fashion to assure contract compliance
and quality service.
* Develops and maintains relationships with funders, referral
partners, and community organizations to ensure the growth and
success of the program.
* Ensures program compliance with all required trainings at all
levels. Works with Phoenix House training department to maintain
staff professional growth and development through training,
seminars, workshops. Ensures participation of all staff in required
training and continuing education courses related to area(s) of
specialization to remain current in the field.
* Reviews all incident reports, grievances, and staff and patient
issues promptly ad within all requirements of standards and Phoenix
House policy and procedures.
* Participates in the development of regional strategies and
* Leads, Attends and participates in program and all staff
* Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with
Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all
training on time
* Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
* Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and
Values while acting as a role model for others
* Other duties as assigned
The incumbent in this position House Manager, Clinical Supervisor,
Culinary Manager, Facilities Technician, Patient Access Specialist,
Community Outreach Liaison, Nursing Staff, Psychiatrist, and other
roles as required/requested.
* Masters' degree in related field required
* LPC, LMFT, or LCSW required. (Must be a QCC)
* LCDC required, new hires without licensure will be allowed 12
months to obtain this licensure
* Minimum of two years of post-licensure experience providing
chemical dependency treatment.
* Maintain CEU's specific to current licensing, internal agency,
and funding source requirements.
* Must maintain a valid Drivers' License, have proof of automobile
insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission,
Vision, and Values: I CARE For: Integrity, Collaboration
Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
* Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
* Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer
service-oriented, and collaborative
* Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients
and families of various backgrounds
* Experience supervising mental health, substance abuse treatment,
and/or prevention programs and staff. Understanding of addiction,
co-occurring models, and treatment modalities. Understanding of
patient development and family systems
* Analyze therapeutic processes and determine the means of
maintaining and/or increase efficiencies.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership, analyze
situations accurately, and take effective action.
* Ability to use effective leadership skills in daily interactions,
planning, and delegation of duties
* Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to interpret
* Model appropriate therapeutic and professional behavior; lead a
group of diverse personalities.
* Instill and maintain a sense of professionalism and work
effectively within a high-stress environment.
* Ability to plan and collaborate with internal and external
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining
a high level of attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
* Proficiency in MS Office products and web-based clinical
* Excellent organizational, analytical, time management and project
* Knowledge of Strengths-based treatment model and evidence-based
* Preferred experience with both adolescent and adult
* Ability to demonstrate strong crisis management, conflict
resolution, and anger management skills
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Austin, TX
Job code: 156
Keywords: Phoenix House of Texas, Pflugerville , Program Director (Full-Time) (Austin, TX), Executive , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!