Surgery Nurse Manager
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you ready to manage in a new era as
a Operating Room Nurse Manager where building a healthier tomorrow
is more than a job? Our St. David's Medical Center team is
committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more
lives in more ways. Share your resume today.BenefitsWe are
committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St.
David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive
benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision
benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee BenefitsOur teams are dedicated to
improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S.
hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an
impact as a(an) Operating Room Nurse Manager where your passion for
leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsThe Nurse Manager is a
working manager, who is responsible for day-to-day operations of
the Main OR, and Scheduling. He/she maintains the physical plant
and works closely with O.R. personnel, Anesthesiologists and
- You will plan, direct and control the staffing assignments in
accordance with objectives and policies to insure effective
coverage of the department.
- You will oversee and perform as needed, personnel performance
appraisals including the establishment of goals for each
- You will participate in unit activities/operations.
- You will observe the condition of facilities and take
corrective action to solve existing or potential problems.
- You will participate in Process Improvement activities.
- You will act as a change agent through role modeling.
- You will participate in budget and inventory control.
- You will participate in staff and self-development. What
qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- Two+ years experience in OR. One year in a charge nurse
position in OR is a full-service hospital located in central
Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency
department, the region s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU), and the internationally-renowned and . The full provided at
St. David s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular
care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women s
services, complex surgical services, and a . The facility is home
to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and
outpatient comprehensive care.St. David s Medical Center is part of
St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare
systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area.
St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership
between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s
Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been
named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent
an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable
care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing ExecutiveIf this is the
kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the
Operating Room Nurse Manager role. We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Associated topics:
ambulatory, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care,
neonatal, nurse rn, surgery, surgical, unit
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Pflugerville , Surgery Nurse Manager, Executive , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!