Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Portal/Config Lead - Manager
Posted on: July 24, 2020
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies
practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will
provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital
experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on
improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile
devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to
improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll
help clients harness technology systems in financial services
focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management,
retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly
changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a
purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us
achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership
development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations
across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides
transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful
and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers,
helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to
execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this
management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to
take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of
- Use multiple sources of information including broader
stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create
positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Applications, Management
Information Systems, Engineering and Business
Guidewire technical certifications in Policy Center, Billing Center
and /or Claim Center
Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing
applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/
- Previous experience associated with the design, development,
modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented
programming concepts with using design standards and best
- Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center Configuration
development experience with relevant certification. Minimum
Guidewire version is 7.x and above.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Source version control, and
- Any experience leading a team of developers is a plus.
- Working with offshore teams with different times is
- Experience working with Product Model Designer, Rating Engine on
Policy Center is a plus.
- Prior experience in: planning, designing, developing, modifying,
testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code
within Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center.
Configures screen layouts, including creation of new screens
(PCFs). - Experience writing business rules and other business
- Experience configuring operational and administration related
parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes regions,
activity patterns etc.
- Experience resolving issues identified during testing in regards
to the configuration requirements.
- Experience working within a development team using Agile
methodology to deliver User stories.
- Experience assisting in GOSU code reviews, code cleanups and
perform sprint demos.
- Experience handling the responsibility of organizing code merges
and environment management tasks.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software
- Previous experience managing projects and team members.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national
origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity
or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran,
marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by
law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified
candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner
consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: PwC, Pflugerville , Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Portal/Config Lead - Manager, Executive , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!