Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: July 29, 2022
We are offering a $10,000.00 sign on bonus for an immediate
opening for a 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative
maintenance on our fleet of garbage trucks and heavy equipment
machines at our site in Pflugerville, Texas. Individuals with 1+
years experience working on heavy diesel trucks or those that have
completed a Diesel Technology program are encouraged to apply.
This position has a 3:30PM start time, 8-10 hour shift, with
occasional overtime. Great pay, benefits and lots of room for
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preferably 1+ year experience in heavy truck equipment
maintenance and repair or completion of a diesel tech program or
good attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic is a
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance,
401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your
Future". For more information please visit or call Serina Garcia at
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Pflugerville , Mechanic, Engineering , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!